Monday, October 3, 2011

Finished Class Website!

Finally a post on this blog!!!

I just finished my website. I'm particularly fond of it and have already started to think about how I can keep adding to it.  I'm excited to integrate more technology in my teaching.  Here's the link to my website:
Q: How do you think you will use your website in your own teaching? 

A: I feel like this will be a great place to post homework assignments.  I always hate typing in website address, so if I can post it as a link, then my students will be more likely to get to the right site.  I want to use my blog to be a launching place for my students as they continue learning about biology.  I've included helpful links for each topic that they can use as the do any background research for projects in class.  And a top priority for me is to connect my students to scientists and their current work.  I'm hoping that I can use our class website to do that through the blog.  I'll share current research findings, spotlight a researcher, have students post questions to have our scientists answer.

Q:What aspects of the website will be most useful for you, your students, and their parents?

A: Probably the most helpful to me will be to post assignments online.  I won't have to worry about making copies as much, or keeping copies for students who were absent.  I think it will also be useful to communicate with my parents.  For my students I think they'll appreciate that I'm integrating technology and other texts instead of just our text book.  I think that mirrors best how they learn and interact with information these days.  Students will probably find the calender and syllabus helpful as well.  As for my parents, I think they'll appreciate having clear, concise and consistent communication from the teacher.

As far as personalization...
  • I changed some of the fonts
  • I also imbeded some gadgets (electronmicroscope pictures, and marine weather station map) that are relevant to the courses I'm teaching.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent work! You did a great job. This is a professional-yet-personal class website.

    ReplyDelete