Thursday, December 1, 2011

Video

Here is my video....

I've used Imovie before to make a slide show presentation, but making a movie was a lot different. I thought I'd just jump in, and watch tutorials as I got stuck. I watched quite a few tutorials.... I can see the value of making and viewing these videos. I'm a little cautious now to have my students create one, it took me a LONG time and I'm not sure that using my content teaching time is best used teaching to use Imovie. If I had a tech. teacher willing to partner with me on a project, and all my students were in that tech. class I could see assigning the making a movie to my students as a project. It could be used as an assessment for the student to demonstrate what they know about a topic. I know I did some more research to make sure I knew what I was talking about in my video... so I'm sure students would gain a lot by preparing to make the video!

3 comments:

  1. I think you are definitely right about videos being a good way to instruct students on how to do something. The video was super easy to follow. I think you did an awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job. There were a few areas that could have used either some music or editing to shorten the video. I do agree that assigning a project such as this would be great if you had a Tech teacher willing to teach it to your students.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool images. I think this could have been split into two videos: introduction about microscopes and instructions on how to prepare a slide. Thanks for putting music where you could; it really helped keep me engaged. Good music too. Good movie!

    ReplyDelete